Friday, June 25

"Husbandry" - the fine art of placing a smile on your wife's face.

When a wife has been away from her home for a week, her husband must engage a significant decision before she returns: Will the home look/smell/feel the same or worse upon her arrival? It's obvious that I can't provide the nose-pleasing aromas that women seem to have at the moment of birth, but I do believe I can make a valiant attempt.

Husbandry...that's what I practiced last evening...although...my "cleaning house" time is much more exciting than Katy's. With Platoon playing at full volume (really...it was close to distortion), steaks on the grill, and...here is the important part...laundry in the washer...I began my work so that Katy would return with a smile. Yes, that is husbandry. Once Katy returns, there won't be any dirty laundry and the entire house has been vacuumed. I even made the bed this morning! I'm sorry lady's, every man can't be like me, but I'm proud to be an example :)

I'm gonna start working right now that my pride can come back down to a normal level.

I going to KC today to get Katy and Hayden! She'll probably start contributing to the blog which will present "the other side" of the story.

Going to a KC Royals game on Saturday evening with Katy...first date night we've had awhile.

Bye,
DK

No comments: