Friday, October 22

What a Week!



Hayden has many "favorite" things that he likes to do, and one of them is to go into the main bathroom and take EVERYTHING out of the drawers. They're just two of the few drawers in the house we haven't baby-proofed, and just for that reason. He loves doing it, and it keeps him entertained for quite awhile! This picture shows me catching him in the act! HaHa!

What a week it has been! I forgot to mention that on Sunday evening after our wonderful church service (in which we had many visitiors ... and 15 kids in the nursery!), Tami and I hosted a baby shower for the Neely's and the McFall's. It was a blast ... with lots of cake ... yummy!

Tuesday my birthday began with BREAKFAST from my wonderful husband with my favorite ... toast and coffee! David had indulged me the night before and gave me a Hobby Lobby gift card (he knows me too well!), and in the morning ... a beautiful pink sweater wrap (which showed his love for me ... because it could be considered by most guys to be totally impractical, but David knew how much I loved it)! Like I had mentioned in an earlier blog, he was in Paxico for training, so Hayden and I went to M.O.P.S. at Westview, and then I had observations at Anthony Middle School David finished early, so we got some errands done and spent some quality family time together.

Tuesday evening we had our meeting and were encouraged by the reactions and contacts we have gotten from the community! We have been calling people who have shown interest and would like more information, and God is really encouraging us through the process! We ended with prayer for Scott, Kodee, and Josie McFall for the upcoming birth of their new baby girl/little sister! Kodee went in for a C-section this morning at 5:30am ... we're going in after lunch when David gets off, so we'll tell you all about the precious new life as soon as we can!

Last night (Thursday) Becky and Tami came over and surprised me with a "Girls Night Out" for my birthday! David was in on the whole thing ... I thought I was just going to Target with Becky to help pick out a stroller, but instead the two girls came over and we went to Carlos O'Kelly's (AND SHOPPING!) while the guys went to Willie's to watch the baseball game ... Alli and Hayden stayed home with a pre-arranged sitter ... what a perfect evening and what thoughtful and wonderful friends God has blessed us with!

This weekend we're heading to KC again ... David is participating in a golf tournament and Stacey, one of my friends from high school is getting married on Saturday, so I'll be heading to A-town for that!

A wonderful and familiar verse I came across this morning ...
Come, be my disciples, and I will show you how to fish for people. Matthew 4:19 NLT

Wherever we go, it is a mission field for our Lord. I pray that He presses this on our hearts to make us conscious of this always, so that in every circumstance and with every person we come into contact with we may be prepared and excited to tell others of His joyous message!

God Bless You!
KK

No comments: